Estate Planning Academy Episode 17: Smart 911
Smart 911 is a service provided by the state of Arkansas to its residents.
- Smart 911 is a service provided by the state of Arkansas to its residents.
- Over 70% of calls to 911 come from cell phones. When you call from a cell phone, the dispatcher has very little information to help you.
- The information you put in the Smart 911 system is stored securely and the only time anybody sees it is when you call 911 for an emergency.
- It is a complimentary service to 911 and provides the dispatcher and emergency workers with additional information about you, including tying your cell phone number to your address.
- This information can include your address, pets, medications, medical conditions, allergies, disabilities, and more.
- You can add a picture of your home so that emergency responders know exactly which house yours is.
- Along with this, you can detail where utility shutoffs are, the best ways to gain access, and a floor layout.
Hard of Hearing?
- If you have trouble hearing, you can note this so the dispatcher knows to “speak up.”
- If you are deaf, they will know immediately to use an alternate form of communication.
Most importantly, you can add a list of emergency contacts that that 911 dispatchers and personnel can contact your family and friends right away.
Get Started Now
You can learn more and sign up at https://www.smart911.com/
It takes about 10 minutes and could save your life!