Maximize Peace of Mind – Minimize Hassles and Taxes
A Treasure Trove of Information – P.V.
OR Call (479)717-6300 to request your book in the mail.
Featured on STAR 101.5 (KFMD)
Listen during the lunch hour on the 2nd Friday of each month for the legal minute featuring Gary DeWitt on STAR 101.5
Why You Should Work With Us
Because you need a Will, Power of Attorney, a Trust, or more…
- An attorney does ALL of the drafting and legal work. From the interview, answering questions, creating the documents, signing, and making changes, an attorney does it all.
- No hidden fees. Everything is explained up front.
- Fees quoted up front and explained. Flat fees are used as often as possible. The time clock is turned off. You don’t get charged for phone calls and questions before and after your estate plan is created.
- Family owned and operated.
- Your time is important. If we are more than 15 minutes late, $50.00 to the charity of your choice.
- Your questions are answered in plain English, at no additional charge, no matter how long it takes. We want you to understand why, not just walk out with a stack of papers.
- Minor changes are free of charge within the first year.
Meet The Team
The Best Part of Being a Lawyer is You
What motivates me everyday is you. Meeting you, hearing your stories & counseling you on creating a practical & effective plan for the future, is a gratifying experience. I truly enjoy taking you through the planning process, explaining and simplifying the “legalese” along the way — so you understand all your options and make the best decisions for you and your loved ones.
My education, coupled with my valuable life experiences, gives me a unique perspective and allows me to bring Estate Planning and Elder Law solutions to your family, in a way that goes beyond the traditional lawyer/client relationship. I don’t provide canned, one-size-fits-all plans. Between undergraduate school and law school, Gary worked in the corporate world doing computer programming, troubleshooting, consultation, and support at the highest levels.
I work to create a customized solution, tailored to your values, needs & goals. I also take the time to make sure each plan is implemented correctly and I monitor the plan so it is kept up-to-date…
I strive to stop the consequences of not planning:
- You stand to lose your independence as a person and be put into the hands of Adult Protective Services or somebody else that you don’t desire
- You put your family’s security at risk
- You put your accounts & assets at risk
- Your private affairs will be publicized
- If you are incapacitated, your family will have to go to court to access your funds
- Your spouse’s next spouse can cut your children out
- Estate tax rates start at 40%
What Makes Me Uniquely Qualified to Help You:
- Practice only includes Estate Planning, Probate, and Elder Law
- Local law degree from the University of Arkansas
- Advanced Law Degree (LLM) in Estate Planning and Elder Law
- Member of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member of Wealth Counsel
- First hand life experience in these areas of law (been there, done that)
I am a native of Arkansas, having been in and around Northwest Arkansas most of my life. I have lived in Springdale for the past 16 years working, playing and raising our 2 children, Madeline and Aaron.
My goal is to assist every person who comes through our doors. I do my best to help people get the best service in a caring environment in a timely manner. I am dedicated to returning phones calls with answers! Our office is here to serve and we love having our clients feel welcome to drop by when they need us.
Live, Protect, Pass
God’s Command to Get Your House in Order
It is often said that the proper interpretation of Isaiah 38:1 is to leave instructions for family and determine who gets what (i.e. write a Last Will and Testament, leave instructions). The literal interpretation is “give orders to your house”. This means write a Will and leave instructions. This is a mandate and warning from God to make sure that the bounty He has allowed you to “borrow” be managed well and instructions left for its care for the next generation.
Modern Times, Modern Wills – Same Command
In modern times, we could extend that to mean to leave instructions not only for passing your bounty on, but for how you want to be cared for in case you can’t make your own decisions.
Probate Is Stressful
If you have never personally been through probate or had to guide others through the process, you have no idea of the emotional, not to mention financial, cost of probate. The stress can be completely avoided.
Featured Practice Areas
Estate Planning In a Nutshell
Without An Estate Plan, Everything You Work So Hard For Is At Risk!
You Can Continue Without Your Estate Plan, Relying on the Estate Plan the State has Created for You Or You Can Protect Everything That Matters – The Choice Is Yours
Estate planning is about more than money and stuff today. It concerns a number of top issues such as your personal rights as an individual, families, administration of your affairs, and your stuff.
Please do not do your estate planning online or alone. These are some of life’s most difficult decisions. You need a trusted advocate and estate planning attorneys. Gary offers expert guidance and honest advice, with the planning focus on you, giving each issue the personal attention and sensitivity it deserves. He gives you all the information you need to make the best, most well informed decisions for you and your family.
You get peace of mind, comfort, and assurance that everything that matters is being protected.
Benefits of Estate Planning:
- Prevent Probate and Expensive Litigation
- Minimize or Eliminate Estate Tax and Other Hidden Taxes
- Control my property while I am alive and well
- Protect my retirement, bank, and other accounts
- Maximize the benefits of life insurance
- Provide for my health, wealth, & my loved ones if I become incapacitated or incompetent
- Give what I have
- To whom I want
- The way I want
- When I want
- Minimize the impact of professional fees, court costs, and taxes
- Don’t unnecessarily burden children, spouse, or family
- Include people to raise my children if I can’t
- Prevent Unneeded Court Cases and Litigation
- Center your family’s attention where it needs to be during a crisis
- Ensure your final wishes are carried out as you want and your loved ones receive what you want, when they need it
What is estate planning? Wikipedia defines it like this: The process of anticipating and arranging, during a person’s life, for the management and disposal of that person’s estate during the person’s life and at and after death, while minimizing gift, estate, generation skipping transfer, and income tax.
Estate Planning for all of Northwest Arkansas, including Fayetteville Arkansas; Rogers; Bentonville; Bella Vista; and Springdale.
Our local estate planning lawyer provides you with rock solid, yet flexible and comprehensive solutions to your needs, with a refreshing approach to planning.
Our lawyers are easy to talk to and don’t use jargon.
Everybody needs an estate plan, not just those that are wealthy. But, even the wealthy forget and it causes grief for the family.
Estate Planning can not only help you achieve your long term monetary goals, it will make sure your family never suffers the extra headaches and heartaches of probate.
When somebody dies without a will or trust or just a last will and testament, it must be probated.
The meaning of probate, or the probate definition, is to admit the will to the courts to prove validity, the court approves the will, execute the instructions in the will, proper advertisements are ran, creditors are paid off, all the stuff is gathered up into the “probate estate”, the stuff is distributed to the heirs, then the probate is closed.
When a last will and testament is not present, the court must make the determination as to how the estate is to be split up.
Probate creates extra heartaches and headaches for the family. Probate is time consuming. Probate can be confusing.
The best way to get the the process as quickly and easily as possible is to hire a probate lawyer. Your money is tied up and unavailable to your family until probate is well under way.
Oh ya, in Arkansas, probate cost is about 6% of the gross estate. The best way to save that money is by avoiding probate. Because probate court, for the average person, is not a pleasant experience during a difficult time.
Probates in this area start at around $4,000 and go up. The best way to save money is to avoid probate. The best way to avoid probate is to create a plan that works; eliminates uncertainty; and keeps you, your family and your money out of risk.
Probate for all of Northwest Arkansas including Fayetteville, AR; Rogers, AR; Bentonville, AR; Bella Vista AR; and Springdale, Arkansas.